Friday, February 12, 2010
VA - Shapes 10:01 compiled by Robert Luis 
Title Of Album: Shapes 10:01 compiled by Robert Luis
Year Of Release: April 2010
Label: Tru Thoughts
Genre: Electronic, Acid Jazz, Funk, Hip-Hop, Soul
Bitrate: CBR 320 Kbps
Total Time: 126:54 min
Total Size: 290.93 MB
01. Lizzy Parks - Forever And A Day (Eric Lau Remix)
02. Nostalgia 77 Sessions feat. Keith & Julie Tipett - Visions
03. Kylie Auldist - In A Week, In A Day (Ashley Beedle's Streetsoul Edit)
04. Azaxx - Play Again
05. Belleruche - It'll Come
06. Lizzy Parks - Forever And A Day (Instrumental)
07. Stonephace - Stonephace
08. Up Hygh - Be Known feat. Eska
09. Natural Self - The Origin
10. Kinny - Forgetting To Remember feat. Nostalgia 77
11. Quantic And His Combo Barbaro - Canção Do Deserto
12. The Bamboos - Move One feat. Paul Macinnes
01. Lizzy Parks - All That (Natural Self Remix)
02. Kinny - Petrified Dazed feat. TM Juke
03. Kylie Auldist - One Goodbye (Flevans Remix)
04. Azaxx - Autumn Dreamy (Hint Remix)
05. Flevans - Hold No Water (Azaxx Remix)
06. Quantic - Tell It Like You Mean It
07. Azaxx - Le Millionnaire
08. Quantic - Mishaps Happening (Flux Pavilion Remix)
09. Fredo - Squadron Face
10. Natural Self - Days Get Brighter (Club Version)
11. Lanu - Beijo Do Sol
12. Hint - One Woman Army feat. Laura Vane (Hint Club Mix)
- Clique Aqui:
- Clique Aqui 2:
- Clique Aqui 3 :
Press Release :
"Tru Thoughts is easily one of the UK's best independent labels, regardless of whether its audience is energetically twitching on the dancefloor or bobbing about in a chilled boudoir" – BBC.co.uk
The first label compilation since Tru Thoughts celebrated its 10th Anniversary last year, 'Shapes 10:01' showcases an eclectic stable of musical talent with its collective eye on a new decade. And the future's looking, and sounding, bright.
'Shapes 10:01', a double CD collection spanning 24 tracks, features acclaimed current material from acts including Quantic and his Combo Bárbaro, The Bamboos, Kylie Auldist, Hint, Azaxx, Belleruche, Lizzy Parks and Stonephace; plus a generous pick of upfront exclusives; and reworks from the daddy of UK dance music, Ashley Beedle (X-Press 2), rapidly rising dubstep star Flux Pavilion and many more exciting musical talents.
The first track, Lizzy Parks' "Forever And A Day" (Eric Lau remix), is a twisted modern soul version that takes Parks' timeless sound into club turf and sets the tone for the happy integration of classic and cutting edge that characterises this compilation, and indeed the Tru Thoughts roster. The song makes its first, eagerly awaited CD appearance here, as does CD 2 opener "All That" (Natural Self Remix) - both having originally appeared on a 12" which sold out in days.
Previously unreleased goodies include Azaxx's downright mischievous dancefloor track "Play Again", Natural Self's Club Mix of "Days Get Brighter" from his recent album, 'My Heart Beats Like A Drum' and the Andy H remix of Kinny's "Petrified Dazed" feat. TM Juke. The combination of modern soul voice Kinny and Alice Russell co-writer TM Juke was already a bona fide winner, so when Andy H (aka the man whose day job has seen him sign the Haggis Horns and Kidkanevil to First Word records) got involved, the result was one hell of a track, which appears here as an exclusive.
Elsewhere, Hint's slant on bleeding edge UK funky, and the bassline-heavy dusty reggae vibes from Fredo, whose track "Squadron Face" is a straight-up exclusive, segue into the vocal bluesy jazz of Nostalgia 77 featuring legendary singer Julie Tippetts (nee Driscoll) and Motown-laced funk of The Bamboos and Kylie Auldist (note a first CD release for the crisp, streetwise re-edit by Ashley Beedle). And, paradoxically, one of the many inclusions here that define Tru Thoughts' commitment to future-looking sounds is an oldie, in the shape of Quantic's "Tell It Like You Mean It", a genre-leading piece that still sounds as progressive today as when it came out – wait for it – back in 2006.
Tru Thoughts A&R Robert Luis has once again compiled the perfect selections for home listening and DJing - and his commitment to fellow vinyl junkies continues, as 'Shapes 10:01' is also out on delectable Double LP + full 2CD.